Cinta Aveda Institute provides many contacts and links for your reference, below, but the Institute neither endorses nor recommends any particular location.
- Temporary Housing and Furnished Apartments
- CORT provides furniture rental packages and housing information for students living off-campus. Most apartments in the U.S. are not furnished. CORT offers furniture rental, with additional packages for cookware, towels and linens, a TV, and more.
- Balmoral Hotel668 Clay StreetChinatown, Financial, North Beach District(415) 395-9757
- Gateway Inn438 O’Farrell / TaylorTenderloin / Union Square(415) 749-1888
- Latitude 38 Student Housing(415) 850-9258
- Sweden House Hotel570 O’Farrell Street / LeavenworthTenderloin(415) 345-9331
- Apartment Hunting Resources
- Youth Hostels
- American Youth Hostels(415) 788-5604
- USA Hostels San Francisco(415) 440-5600
- Pacific Tradewinds Hostel(415) 433-7970
- Union Square Backpackers Hostel(415) 775-7506
- Taylor Hotel(415) 775-0780
- Adelaide Hostel(415) 359-1915
- Hostelling International(415) 474-5721
- Other Resources
- 511.org: A website that offers Bay Area specific tools for trip planning. This includes a feature called “Transit Trip Planner” that provides step-by-step instructions.
- BART: Bay Area Rapid Transit connects the SF Peninsula with cities in the East Bay.
- MUNI: The Municipal Transportation Agency runs through every neighborhood in SF.
- Caltrain: A commuter rail service connecting the SF Peninsula through the South Bay.
- AC Transit: A bus system owned by the Public of East Bay.
- Golden Gate Transit: Offers bus service to SF and North Bay communities.
- Ferries: Companies are dependent on departing location.
- On-demand Rideshare Apps