Do What You Love What You Do
Cinta Aveda Institute is passionate towards helping students find scholarships to aid in making school affordable. We understand that investing in education comes with a price, so we encourage you to seek out opportunities that will assist you financially in addition to the other financial aid programs we offer.
Class of 2017 Emerging Talent Scholarship
How Does It Work?
Cinta Aveda Institute looks to reward fresh talent looking to embark on the beauty industry right out of high school. Students beginning their professional training programs in June or July 2017 will be eligible to submit their application. The winners will be announced after classes begin.
- 1st Place:
- 2nd Place:
- 3rd Place:
Details You Need To Know:
Applies to our Summer Cosmetology or Barbering Sessions
- Starts on June 2nd (Cosmetology) or 3rd (Barbering)
- Starts on July 21st (Cosmetology) or 22nd (Barbering)
- For the June Sessions: June 1st, 2017 at 11:59 PM PST
- For the July Sessions: July 20th, 2017 at 11:59 PM PST
- All Participants must have received acceptance to the Cinta Aveda Institute.
Participants must complete and submit the scholarship application. The application includes:
- One essay, typed, consisting of a minimum of 350 words on the subject: “What inspires me to enter the field of Cosmetology or Barbering?”
- One letter of recommendation from a mentor, instructor, co-worker, etc. detailing why the entrant would benefit from the scholarship. Please refrain from using close friends, family, and/or significant others.
- A completed General Information form which, upon request, will be provided to you by your Admissions Representative.
Rules & Entry Guidelines
- The scholarship program is open to prospective high school graduates who will graduate in 2017. In addition to the following requirements, students are required to complete the application process and be accepted prior to becoming eligible for the scholarship. They must maintain enrollment within the Cinta Aveda Institute program.
- Participants must be a graduating 2017 high school senior.
- Participant must be enrolled in one of Cinta Aveda Institute’s Summer 2017 Cosmetology or Barbering sessions that begin on June 2nd–3rd, or July 21-22nd.
- Participant must submit the scholarship application which includes a letter of recommendation, an essay, and a completed general information form. The scholarship application is described more fully in the “Details You Need to Know” section, above.
- The student must maintain at least 90% attendance in each grading phase through 1600 or 1500 (depending on program enrolled for). There is no exception for averages. The student may not withdraw from or drop any course and maintain their scholarship.
- The student must complete all graduation requirements and must fully complete the course requirements.
- Scholarship applications will be considered void if all required documents are not submitted or if the other conditions are not met.
- All applications must be verified by a qualified administrative staff.
- The scholarship award of $2,500, $1,000 or $500 will be paid directly to Cinta Aveda Institute and is applicable for use towards tuition, books, and the cost of kits. After being applied to all applicable charges, any excess from the scholarship, if any, will be returned to the scholarship program for future students.
- Cinta Aveda Institute reserves the right to cancel the scholarship program at any time.
- All scholarships and associated paperwork must be turned into your Admissions Representative by the submission deadlines listed above.
Beauty Changes Lives Foundation
Past and present Cinta Aveda Institute students have found much success receiving scholarships from the Beauty Changes Lives Foundation, an organization that is dedicated to changing the perception of beauty while awarding beauty and wellness scholarships to attend school.
For tips towards submitting a powerful application for the Beauty Changes Lives Foundation scholarship, please contact the Cinta Aveda Institute Admissions Office by email or by calling (415) 477-7055 ext. 1.
- Cosmetology and Barbering scholarships up to $10,000
- Nail scholarships up to $5,000
- Massage scholarships up to $1,500
- Esthetics scholarships up to $2,250
Other Industry Scholarships
If you’d like to request a list of other industry scholarships available to Cinta Aveda Institute students and prospects, please email or call (415) 477-7055 ext. 1 or click the “Learn More” button below and let us know when we get back to you.