Skin Care’s Highest Level of Certification
In the field of Esthetics and Beauty Therapy, the most prestigious qualification that can be earned is the certification by the Comité International d’Esthétique et de Cosmétologie—CIDESCO.
Based in Switzerland and founded over 65 years ago, CIDESCO is the world’s premiere spa and beauty certification authority. As an international trade organization with affiliates in 33 countries, CIDESCO sets the world-wide standard for the training of beauty therapists. Those seeking to enter the upper echelons of the craft need 1500 hours of instruction at a CIDESCO accredited institution and then sit for the CIDESCO international examination.
Similar to a Master’s degree in academics, the CIDESCO diploma confers national and international certification on those who have earned it. Recognized worldwide, the CIDESCO diploma tells both prospective employers and clients that the recipient has undergone extensive hands-on training with top instructors in the field, and that they are committed to providing the best possible treatment in accordance with the highest standards in our industry.
Only the most proficient instructors can teach for the international certification course. And to be accredited, the teaching facility must be of the finest quality and conform to strict conditions of equipment, hygiene, and treatments.
If you decide to reach for a CIDESCO degree at the Cinta Aveda Institute, you will receive advanced training and professional licenses in massage, esthetics, and manicuring as well as a prestigious International Certificate with our International Beauty Therapist program. Utilizing our state-of-the-art equipment, learn the latest information and techniques, study a whole body approach to wellness with our expert instructors, and gain extensive hands on experience.
Here are some of the core subjects taught for our CIDESCO certification course:
- Skin Analysis
- Cleansing/Deep Pore Cleansing
- Eyelash and Eyebrow Tinting; Eyebrow Shaping
- Chemical Peels (Enzymes)
- Facial Massage
- Five Classical Movements of Swedish Manual Massage
- Mask Treatments
- Exercises for Different Body Types
- Corrective Facial Therapies
- Special Foot Treatment
- Anti-Stress Treatment
- Depilation/Waxing with Hot/Hard and Strip Wax
- Cellulite Treatment
- Studies in Anatomy, Physiology, Dermatology, Medical Topics, Nutrition, Chemistry, and Product Ingredients
- Cosmetic Science and Electrical Therapy/Physics
- Face and Neck Lymphatic Drainage
- Facial and Body Machines including G5, High-Frequency, Ultrasound Galvanic, and Faradic Equipment
- Swedish Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Foot Reflexology
- Lymphatic Drainage
CIDESCO certification isn’t for everyone; rather CIDESCO certification is only for those who desire to strive for the highest standards of excellence in our field.
Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education Reports
The Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (“BPPE”) exists to promote and protect the interests of students and consumers:
- through the effective and efficient oversight of California’s private postsecondary educational institutions,
- through the promotion of competition that rewards educational quality and employment outcomes,
- through proactively combating unlicensed activity, and
- by resolving student complaints in a manner that benefits both the complaining student and future students.
- Cinta Aveda Institute BPPE School Performance Fact Sheet on the CIDESCO Program
- Cinta Aveda Institute BPPE Annual Report for 2012
Want to learn more about our CIDESCO program? Give us a call at (415) 989-4400 ext. 1 or fill out the contact form below.